So, 2:06 am seems like a good time to wrap up the majority of my Christmas shopping. :-) It's hard to find time and privacy during the day, so, I'll take the night -- er, morning. I'm excited about what I've been able to find for everyone, mostly at Amazon.com. I took full advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping and saved about $20 in S&H costs. So far, I've only gone shopping one time. Last Friday, I had my 6-week checkup, got some lunch, then went to several stores with Trent (aka "My Sidekick"). He slept beautifully from the time I got into the doctor's office, until about the 3rd store, which amounted to about 4 hours. Then he was awake...and hungry...and unhappy. And since pushing a large shopping cart while holding a crying 6-week-old is not the easiest, or most fun activity, I vowed to do as much shopping as I could online. I don't know that it's the most economical alternative, but this year, I really think it's the best.
Other than the online shopping, today was a pretty quiet day ("quiet" being a relative term, of course). Some friends were going to drop off their 2 girls while they went to a Christmas party, but one ended up not feeling well. We were disappointed, but the good thing was, we got the house cleaned up in record time, and just before we got the call saying they weren't coming over. ;-)
My sidekick has just woken up and decided now is a good time for a late-night snack. Guess he wants to celebrate the shopping wrap-up, too. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment