I can’t let the birthday of our little guy slip by without notice! October 27, 2011 was Trent Ethan’s first birthday. He has been such a joyful addition to our family. Trent was the biggest of our babies (8 lbs. even), but was definitely a quick delivery. He has familiar features (definitely a Worley mouth, a round face and blue eyes like Brooke, not a lot of hair like all of them) but “has his own look”, as they say. At different times, I’ve thought he looks like any one of the others. Like Grant, he is a cuddler and enjoys being held (luckily, I enjoy holding him!). Like all the others, he’s friendly to new faces, as long as they keep their distance. :-)
I recruited lots of help for his birthday prep since we were celebrating at lunchtime, rather than dinner. I had forgotten to get wrapping paper, so the only choices were girly pink or Christmasy, Since Courtney couldn’t bring herself to use either of those, she improvised by using the heavy, brown paper the wrapping paper comes rolled on. Then she dressed it up with some manly-colored ribbon. I thought they turned out very nicely.
Trent’s birthday feast was “breakfast for lunch”, including homemade waffles, bacon, strawberries, scrambled eggs, orange juice and coffee cake for a birthday cake. Grandma and Grandpa came up, spreading their usual cheer and raising the excitement level several notches.
As is typical with one-year-olds, Trent wasn’t interested in opening any of the gifts. Thankfully, we had no shortage of volunteers to help with the unwrapping. ;-) Meanwhile, the birthday boy enjoyed watching their antics and entertained us with his tricks: clapping, waving, and nose-wrinkling.
Two of Grant’s loves are (1) his Grandpa, and (2) trains – in that order. Here he is having an intimate conversation with Grandpa about trains. They probably sat there for about 10 minutes. Grant was oblivious to everything and everyone else in the room. It was so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment