Couch to 5K Log

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Fourth Sunday in Advent

 

IMG_1075 - edited

We lit four candles and read about Anna, the prophetess in Luke 2, who served God while she waited on the Messiah with fasting and prayers.We prayed that God might “make us a people faithful in prayer and in hope,” like her. Once again, we sang “O Come, O Come, Emmanuel,” and I noticed this fourth time through it, Grant had picked up most of the words.

IMG_1087

We feasted on Roasted Pork Tenderloin, homemade crescent rolls and fresh pineapple, seasoned green beans and a great salad with some of those big croutons. After the meal, the questions started coming about dessert. Even on a typical day, we’re often asked “What’s for dessert?” I’m sure the kids were surprised, maybe even a little concerned that I didn’t have something ready for dessert. Once they opened their Advent gifts, though, they understood: they each got their own stash of assorted chocolates. I might’ve kept back a few pieces for my own stash.  ;-)

IMG_1130 - edited

I remember as a kid looking forward each Sunday during Advent to watching each of the four candles being lit as we built up toward Christmas day. Advent is a season of anticipation … and waiting.

IMG_1080

No comments:

Post a Comment