Couch to 5K Log

Saturday, February 15, 2014

“The Perfect Storm” by Sebastian Junger

The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the SeaThe Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very well-written story that pulled me very quickly. I knew practically nothing about the life of a modern commercial fisherman, so this book was a real education in that way. It gave me a tremendous amount of respect for the work they do and the constant challenges and dangers they face. It also gave me an incredible feeling of awe and respect for the power of the sea. Parts of the book went into more detail about boats and fishing than I cared to know, some of it I couldn't quite understand, but overall, it was a great book that skillfully told the true account of this sad story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment