The Tale of Beatrix Potter: A Biography by Margaret LaneMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I really, really liked this biography! I knew nothing about Beatrix Potter except that she was the author of several childhood favorites. Margaret Lane told her story in a very engaging, conversational way. As soon as I finished the book, I immediately wanted to see her illustrations again, pictures of she and her family, and the places she lived and visited. And now I want to see the movie based on her life. Very well done!
View all my reviews
I haven't read any biographies, but the movie is one of my absolute favorites! The girls love it too. Callie always wants to go outside and draw or paint afterwards. Those are the only times she wants to do that.
ReplyDeleteThat does it -- I've got to see that movie. Cute that Callie wants to draw or paint afterwards. At least she doesn't want to buy a hedgehog. ;-)
DeleteWe love the movie, too, although we haven't read the book yet. It sounds terrific. For Glenn and me, visiting her home was one of the highlights of our trip to England! Glad you enjoyed the book!
ReplyDeleteDad loves to read biographies, too. Was he any part of the inspiration for you to read some this year?
I thought about you and Glenn while I was reading this and wondered whether you saw Hill Top Farm or Castle Cottage (where she lived with her husband)? I would love to visit the village of Sawrey! Sounds like she owned half of it at one point! Such an interesting life and person.
DeleteYes, I'm sure Dad (and Chuck) both have inspired me to read more biographies.