Couch to 5K Log

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wednesday, June 8 – Furniture Makeovers, and Pastor Mark comes a-callin’

Wednesday was back to normal … ahhhhh.  Well, almost.  Once a year, our shepherding elder makes a house call to talk one-on-one with each of his “shepherded” families (I guess that’s what we’re called?).  This time, Kim came with Pastor Mark.  We made a gallant effort of school in the morning, but by lunchtime, there was a smell of chocolate chip cookies in the air.  (I have miles to go in the area of hospitality, but I can make a mean chocolate chip cookie.)

To add to the excitement, the afternoon also brought a much-anticipated UPS truck by the house.  Last week, I bit the bullet and ordered a new slipcover for a couch we recently got from Heather & Ron, who got it from Grandma, who bought it new.  The couch is a nice addition to our piano room, but I wasn’t crazy about the upholstery.  Kelly (my own personal Martha Stewart) told me about a website she bought slipcovers from. So, I went ahead and ordered some.
 
In our excitement to put on the slipcovers, we did have the presence of mind to take some before pictures.

062

065

And here are the afters ………. <drum roll please>

072

070
Not too bad, eh?  Actually, we love it!  Now we’re eyeing more candidates for slipcovers … like the giant chair-and-a-half in the piano room.

No comments:

Post a Comment