This weeks marks the final week of our trial run of ballet lessons. Courtney, Erica, Sarah, Brooke & Claire all took an 8-week beginner’s ballet class with Ms. Hume of the Lebanon Ballet Academy. Brooke & Claire participated in a class with just 3 other girls, but Courtney, Erica and Sarah were the only students in the older class. The small classes were so nice because they allowed Ms. Hume to give some great individualized instruction for each of the girls. The Ballet Academy takes the whole month of August off before starting up again in September. Right now, we’re officially on the fence about whether to continue lessons in the fall. There are several advantages and disadvantages and we’re trying to weigh them all. Overall, we’ve definitely enjoyed the experience. A few weeks ago, I told Ms. Hume how nice it is to watch young girls surrounded by such loveliness … lovely hair and dress, classical music and graceful dance steps. I’m glad we have a month to decide what to do. We’ve been told in no uncertain terms what the girls would prefer. ;-)
Ballet was a very cherished experience in my life. I took lessons of some kind for about 8 years as a girl. It shaped the way I hold myself and when I hear beautiful music even today, I want to dance. I'm glad you all enjoyed the experience. I hope they get to continue, but understand the obstacles that it could present to the family.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Pictures of beautiful girls doing beautiful dance...
ReplyDeleteTamar, thank you for sharing your experience of dance lessons -- it was very encouraging!
ReplyDelete