Couch to 5K Log

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Worley Family Library – Megasize

So, I think I mentioned that the kids are all really hooked on “Columbo” right now and have been working their way through the DVD set we borrowed from Dad. They’re down to one more episode, which we decided to watch tonight. Getting everything cleaned up from dinner and everybody ready for bed is quite an undertaking, which happens in stages, so while various kids were ready to go and waiting on the others, they entertained themselves by reading. By the time I made it into the living room to put Trent’s pajamas on him, they were all crowded on the couches. I didn’t realize they were all reading until I started listening to them talk about what a certain word meant or how to pronounce another one. When I realized what they were all doing, I realized this was a golden opportunity – the holy grail, really – of Worley Family Library photo opportunities. So, here’s the lineup, from left to right:

IMG_3481

  • Courtney - “Beowulf”. It’s for her lit class – she doesn’t usually read Anglo-Saxon poetry for pleasure ;-);
  • Erica - “Around the World in 80 Days” by Jules Verne (a Christmas gift);
  • Brooke – “The Clue of the Leaning Chimney” by Carolyn Keene (Brooke couldn’t even look up from her book long enough for a picture. ;-)

IMG_3482

  • Rachel – “Les Miserables” by Victor Hugo
    • Me: “Are you reading that for your class?”
    • Rachel: “No, just for fun. Plus, I want to see the movie.” ;-)
  • Grant – pondering his water bottle
  • Sarah – “The Secret of the Old Clock” by Carolyn Keene (Yes, Sarah has her pointe shoes on, Yes, she often wears them for fun around the house.)
  • Claire – “One Wintry Night” by Ruth Bell Graham

OK, so a few minutes after I took these pictures, it was show time and now they’re watching “Blueprint for Murder.” But it was fun while it lasted!

IMG_3485

1 comment:

  1. and what was Mick doing in the background there... close to refrigerator... with his hand close to his mouth? reading...something??

    ReplyDelete