Couch to 5K Log

Thursday, April 18, 2013

My little bike mechanic

 

IMG_7490

Yesterday, I went out to check on Grant, who was playing in the garage. I was surprised to find him with one of Mick’s wrenches, trying to take a training wheel off Claire’s bike. Rachel told me a few days ago that she had taken them off for a little while to try to help Claire learn to ride without them. I can just imagine Grant watching her very closely while she did that and apparently, he decided to try it out himself.  I watched him for about 5 minutes before I went and got the camera. He spent quite a bit of time running back and forth from Mick’s workbench, getting different-sized wrenches to try out. At times, he talked to himself or me, asking me questions about training wheels and wrenches.  “Is this how I do it?” he asked several times.

IMG_7492

Other times, he was quiet and just worked. Once again, I found myself thinking “None of the girls ever did this!”

IMG_7503

I don’t know who was more fascinated: Grant with the workings of the training wheel, or me with watching Grant work on the training wheel.

  IMG_7524

Such an interesting, sweet little guy!

6 comments:

  1. hahahaha!
    He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with him looking through the wrench

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did that so fast ... it was good luck on my part!

      Delete
  3. He's gonna be just like his Dad: Mr. Fix-it! p.s....I recognize his shoes....i think I loved those more than the boys did, that's why they still look so nice after 2 boys wearing them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so, Minda! Oh - and yes - he loves the shoes, too! And another pair we inherited that is black and flourescent green. Were those from you, too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! Caleb didn't wear those much either...I think I bought them a little too small. ;-)

    ReplyDelete