Couch to 5K Log

Monday, April 1, 2013

“The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert: An English Professor's Journey into Christian Faith” by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield

Read this one in a hurry because I had to get on the library’s waitlist to get it and there are patrons in line after me, so no renewals!  There are some great insights in this book and I already feel like I need to re-read it to absorb it more fully. Specifically enjoyed her reprinting the pastor’s exhortation at she and her husband’s wedding ceremony, which spanned several pages in the book. Great stuff!

The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert: An English Professor's Journey into Christian FaithThe Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert: An English Professor's Journey into Christian Faith by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well, you can't pass up a book with a title like this! This was a very interesting and enlightening book that is sure to generate some emotionally-charged discussions. Initially, the book appealed to me because the author is a Christian wife and homeschooling mom who was an English professor, so I knew I could relate to her on several levels. But, without giving anything away, her past couldn't be more different than mine. She has some challenging ideas about Christian living, witnessing to the lost, and what it means to love our neighbors. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment