Yeah, this definitely falls under the “Favorite Photos” category. This was a family project we undertook on a cold, snowy January afternoon when Trent was about 3 months old. The goal was that he would be asleep when we took the picture and it would look like this was his dream, but every time I got him to sleep and laid him down, he woke right up! Ha! He’s STILL a light sleeper. ;-)
The girls were very helpful with ideas about how to do this. The “buildings” he’s flying over are VHS videotapes laid on end, some with bits of construction paper for the lighted windows. The “moon” was a sheet. He was wearing a pair of white socks that passed for tights on his stubby legs and we had a red onesie we were able to slip a blue shirt over. I remember it took a long time to get to this point – probably a couple of hours, literally. But the kids were so excited throughout and the end result was far better than what we hoped. :-)
I love it!! I used to try to channel Anne Geddes with Callie, but I never came close!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, the Anne Geddes baby photos are pretty fantastic! I saw an interview with her one time and she one of her keys to success is having the studio temperature set very high. She said all the adults walk around sweating, but the babies are perfectly content and comfortable. :-)
DeleteHow hilarious! I remember this shot! Look at little Trentie!
ReplyDeleteI tried to comment on Erica's birthday post and the Mother's day post - but I tried with my new iPad and apparently I am not allowed to do that! I will have my virtual assistant check into that for me so I can post comments on your wonderful blog to my heart's content!
Love you, Sis!
Hahahaha! So cute! ♥
ReplyDelete